Keeping ourselves safe
- Attend events off site with other people if possible i.e. don’t go alone
- Share the load – if the event requires set up, make sure there are enough people to help carry and lift tables etc.
- Plan ahead, know where you’re going, who your on-site contact is and where you can park if you’re driving
- Allow plenty of time to get there (and back) so you’re not rushing
- Find out as much about the place you’re going beforehand:
- Is there lots of traffic, both cars and foot traffic?
- Is it a safe area?
- Who else will be there?
- Know the back-up plan if the event is weather dependent– is there suitable cover/shelter if it is raining or cold? Is there a postponement date?
- Make sure your parents or a teacher knows when to expect you home or back at school
- Try and stay in a well-lit and obvious area where you can be easily seen